Who participated in the Survey of Independent College Presidents?
Two-hundred and sixteen independent college presidents completed this survey.
- 44% have been leading their current institution for six or more years.
- For 76%, this is their first presidency.
- 70% hold memberships in CIC and/or NAICU.
- 46% are members of ACE.
They represent institutions all across the country.
- More come from schools accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (45%) than any other accrediting agency; 20% are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities and 18% by the Middle States Association.
- 66% of these institutions are religiously affiliated.
- Their mean tuition rate is $30,000.
- Their average undergraduate residential enrollment is 1,149 students.